|Eye Test: Farsightedness|
What is Farsightedness Vision?
Normal Eye Diagram
|Normal Eye Diagram|
How the light does propagates inside a hypermetropia eye? (Far Objects)
What causes the light to converge in front of the retina rather than on the retina?
Causes of Farsightedness Vision
- Shortening of the eyeballs. In this condition eyeballs of the person become too small.
- Change in the Shape of the Cornea or an eye lens.
- Can cause genetically.
- Environmental factors.
- Also caused according to the type of job and stress level on your eye.
Symptoms of Hypermetropic Vision
- Blurry near vision is the main symptom of farsightedness.
- More eye strain.
- Water in the eye during reading.
- In this eye condition, you can see far objects clearly but near objects become unclear or different from far objects in the initial stages.
Hypermetropia in children | Hypermetropia in child treatments
Hypermetropia or hyperopia as the other term you might have heard essentially means long-sightedness it’s extremely common in children many children are long-sighted and that’s because a long-sighted eye is a slightly smaller eye but many children compensate for this by having a very powerful lens that means they can alter their focus to see things clearly but some children particularly those that are more long-sighted may struggle to do that and in order to form a perfectly focused image a pair of glasses may be necessary just to relax the eyes
How will you know that your child’s long-sighted?
If you are longsighted then there is a very high chance that your child also has hypermetropic vision because it is genetic and passes in families, a very strong predictor of a child’s glasses prescription is the same as their parent’s glasses prescription particularly at the same age.
- Convergent squint due to hyperopia
Sometimes being long-sighted can be associated with developing a convergent squint so one eye turns in and the treatment for that kind of squint is just giving a suitable pair of glasses that may well just straighten the eyes out completely.
- Lazy eye due to hyperopia
Hyperopia in children sometimes results in a lazy eye because the brain starts ignoring images from the hypermetropic eye or eye with a weaker vision. If this condition is not corrected at a young age then there are very high chances of permanent vision loss of the weaker eye.
- Farsightedness is prevented by proper eye care and a healthy diet plan. Nowadays it also becomes more frequent as myopia only in the US it is frequent to approx to 7.6% in children and teenagers because of our daily unhealthy routine and Lifestyle.
- Glasses and Contact Lenses.
- Other methods are also there which include LASIK surgery.
- Less complicated.
- Fast results.
How do we overcome Farsightedness defect?
What does this biconvex lens do?
Correction of Hypermetropia using power glasses
We take u=25cm because normal cannot see the object near 25cm becuase focal length of our eye cannot decrease more than this limit
P= 1/focal length (for ‘f’ in m)P= 100/focal length (for ‘f’ in cm)