Image Source- Flickr | Image by- Dan Ox
Overview Eye irritation is used to describe the condition when something is bothering your eyes or the area surrounded by your eyes. It’s a condition where you feel like something just stuck in your eyes. There can be similar signs of eye irritation but there are higher chances of different causes of eye irritation.
Eye irritation can be caused by many factors: dust, smoke, cold, allergies, etc. Likewise, it is necessary to consult or to seek the opinion of a professional eye care specialist in order to avoid any kind of vision impairment problem later on and to kick start with the right treatment to prevent any deformities to the eyes.
Common symptoms for eye irritation
There seems to be different reasons for eye irritation but have limited or common signs for showing this problem which incorporates-
- Eyes might feel itchy both day or night.
- Watery or teary eyes.
- Eyes get sensitive to light.
- Redness may be observed in the eyes.
- Blurry vision is one such severe sign of eye irritation.
- Eye pain and discomfort.
These mentioned symptoms get more worse with time and lead to severe damage to the eyes if left untreated. Additionally, they can lead to proper blindness of eye or vision loss which may be irreversible.
Different conditions for eye irritation and their solutions
Allergy: An allergy is an abnormal response shown by the immune system on the insertion of a foreign substance to which the body has become hypersensitive. These foreign substances are called allergens, which can be a specific food, pollen grains, pet dander, etc that disturbs the membrane of both the eyes. So our eyes also let us know that the body is allergic to that substance by showing these respective signs of eye irritation as itchiness in eyes, red eyes, and teary eyes.
- Solution: Over the recommendation of a doctor, medications can be done which include antihistamine eye drops or allergy pills. These will provide a soothing effect on the eyes and reduce the effect of irritation.
- If the symptoms stay longer, consult the doctor.
Irritants: These are the substances on the exposure to which eyes feel uneasiness, pain, itchiness, or become red. Some irritants have the ability to permanently damage the eyes which include: chlorinated pool water, tobacco smoke, etc.
- Solution: Wash your eyes with clean and warm water.
Foreign particles: These particles can easily get inserted into the eyes like sand, dust, a piece of glass, and feel stuck inside the eyes. The cornea of your eyes gets scratched or rubbed against the foreign particle which gets worsen more when you close or opens your eyes resulting in watery eyes and redness in eye or sensitivity to light.
- Solution: Wash your eyes properly and try to remove the particle. Don’t touch or rub your eyes again and again. Consult the doctor as soon as possible while keeping your eyes closed and get yourself an antibiotic to keep your eyes infection-free.
Contact lens: They can also bring discomfort to the eyes if wear over time and is not cleaned properly (if specified hard contact lens). They can make your eyes dry and overtime usage of the lens may result in redness in the eyes, hence your eyes get irritated.
- Solution: Properly disinfect the lens before wearing them with the solution recommended by the doctor. Don’t use contact lenses over time. Let your eyes rest after the specified interval of usage of the lens.
How to get rid of eye irritation?
Many OTC eye drops contain components, reduces inflammation of eye vessels. In humans, patients with glaucoma and using contact lenses, such drops are sometimes caused an allergic reaction, therefore, they should first consult with an ophthalmologist.
Try to use fewer eye drops. Too often their use will eventually even exacerbate the problem: At the end of the eye drops even further redden, causing an increasing demand for the next portion of the droplets.
Barley(Stye) in the eye
|Barley(Stye) in Eye|
Image By Imrankabirhossain – Own work, CC BY-SA 4.0, Link
Barley is very irritating to the eyes, and it is often a disease. They appear when the eyelash follicles enter the bacteria. At the edge of the eye-century formed a tiny abscess in the development, he blushes and becomes painful. Then there is a noticeable bump, soon formed in barley cooking, from which pus pours out.
Home remedies for the treatment of Barley?
Simple ways of preventing the barley do not exist but treat them simply. It is best to start as soon as the first symptoms. To expedite the formation of the head of barley, apply to this area a 15-minute warm compresses 3-4 times a day.
Do and Do not Do’s to prevent eye irritation and barley(stye)
- Eyes checked every two years. Children and seniors have to do it every year.
- Read and work in a good light. That there was no dramatic change in the light source should be over your left shoulder.
- Rest your eyes at least every half hour, when you read, sew, work on your computer. For eto1 of lift his eyes and peer into the distant objects.
- Make sure that the computer screens and TVs have a clear focus.
- Wear safety goggles when using caustic chemicals.
- Wear sunglasses in the bright sun.
- Wear protective goggles while swimming in chlorinated water or any water of doubtful purity.
- Sunglasses with polarized lenses: There are glasses with polarized lenses that reduce the impact on the eye shine of water, snow, and other highly reflective surfaces. Before you buy glasses, carefully inspect the lens – there are no bubbles or scratches. On glass lenses fewer scratches than plastic, but they are heavier and more fighting. heck whether the glasses do not change the perception of color – look at them on the red and green objects: if the glasses it is difficult to distinguish colors, driving them becomes an issue.
WARNING! Unlike plastic glass transmits ultraviolet rays. If you choose plastic lenses, remember: they shall bear the mark UV400. Other types of glasses can pass ultraviolet radiation, promoting the development of cataracts.
Do Not Do’s / Not to Follow
- Try to make contact with the sun especially during an eclipse.
- Focusing on bright or shiny surfaces for a long time.
- Rub your eyes, trying to get rid of the mote. Better blinked his eyes and rinse with cold water.